Friday, December 10, 2010

I'm sure it is low fat and almost calorie free

Let's be honest. I have done pretty much nothing while I have been on short-term-worker's-comp-disability. Which is what I was suppose to be doing to give my arms time to rest. It hasn't worked out so well however since I have as much pain as I had on my last day of work. I had a lovely test today which basically felt like for the first half I was repeatedly touching my hand to the metal portion of a plug and then leaving it there while inserting it into the socket. The second half of the test had the doctor practicing human voodoo doll maneuvers on the arms. I told him that he really knew how to show a lady a good time-he laughed so hard he put the probe down.

So what have I been doing, really with all this time off? Facebook and Twitter and Stumble. I bring them all up in the morning and leave them up all day long. While perusing my friends on FB, one of my high school classmates who now lives out in Seattle Washington (and just had another baby-bless her heart) and had posted she had just picked up a Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate at Starbucks. A friend of hers replied with a blogpost about making it at home. While I didn't exactly have the ingredients for it, I made one up that worked pretty darn well with what I had in my pantry and fridge.


I started by warming up 3 TBSP of Stonewall Kitchen's Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel sauce in the microwave. I then warmed up a cup of water and stirred in several teaspoons of International Foods Vanilla Bean Latte mix. I poured about 2 TBSP of the chocolate down the sides of my coffee mug, then poured the coffee in. I topped it with a BIG dollop of aerosol whipped cream then drizzled the last of the warmed chocolate sauce over the top.




Oh yeah. It was sublime while watching the snow fall and watching the cars go by.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Gotta love those Doctors! I hope he was at least cute, causing you all that pain and all!
I love your creation! Totally calorie free

Stonewall Kitchen said...

Great recipe idea! We added this to our list of blog posts about our products: http://stonewallkitchen.blogspot.com/p/where-weve-been-blogged.html

Anonymous said...

I hope you continue to recover well... no fun this time of year to not be well. But looks like you are making the most of it. This drink sounds SO good!

Jennifer said...

Now that looks freaking delish!

Debbie said...

The drink looks great!!! Whipped cream and chocolate - what's not to like? Hope your arm is better soon. No fun being stuck home and not able to bake or cook....and Facebook is addicting!!!!

Alea Milham said...

What a decadent treat! My daughter will love this!

Hungry Dog said...

WHat I wouldn't give for that right now! It's cold and raining out and I need a little pick me up...