Monday, August 9, 2010

Summer

My Dad is home for his 50th HS reunion-came and had dinner
us on Sunday night
He's so good, he doesn't have to pedal


Forgot the pancake mix, had to make do with eggs


Yep, there are no words......


Anyone remember "The Partridge Family"?


It is so hot. Like 150 degrees with 300 percent humidity. I sweat just thinking about sweat. We spent the weekend camping at a state park only 40 miles from us, but was so beautiful with all the different species of trees, flowers and the water. I even spotted a doe in the woods as we took a bike ride at dusk, but didn't have my camera. Then I started to freak out a little that the vampires were hiding behind the trees luring me in with the cute deer just waiting to come drain all my blood. I'm sure they aren't related to Edward.
My Dad was home for a week to attend his 50th high school reunion. My step mom doesn't fly so he came home alone. However, she made him a list of people he was seeing, at what times he was seeing them and what restaurants they would be visiting. With the boatload of people he saw while he was home, he certainly needed these reminders.
Hermit Crab got up for work on Friday and saw this Mama turkey in our backyard with her babies. This shot reminds me of the Partridge Family into where the baby partridges are following the mama. Please let someone else remember this show.....
Hopefully the hot spell ends soon so I can get back in the kitchen. It has been a lot of salad and sandwiches at our house these days!

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Take comfort that you are not alone -- I remember the Partridge Family, in fact I even remember The Monkees!!!! lol......

Hungry Dog said...

What fun. I'd like some hot weather! Send some my way, please!

Jennifer said...

How you live in those hot and humid conditions I cant imagine. I would literally wither away and die!

p.s. your dad looks pretty handome and spry!

grace said...

i just ate my 18th tomato sandwich in 3 days. okay, yes, that's an exaggerations, but seriously--who wants to eat anything else when it's this hot?!?!

Monica H said...

I actually like your self-portrait :-)

Glad you had a nice visit with your dad!

Anonymous said...

I think I love you. David Cassidy?

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

Partridge family... I remember David Nelson and the original TV singing family