Monday, December 14, 2009

Snickerdoodles

I spent about 10 hours baking on Sunday. I listened to Christmas music, burned candles, and made a lot of dough. Thankfully is it cold enough here that I can store the Tupperware bowls out on my deck until I needed to bake each kind-the fridge was full of food so the bowls wouldn't fit.

This is only my second attempt at Snickerdoodles. I don't know why as Dude really likes them. I added some of the red decorating sugar to the sugar/cinnamon mixture to add a festive touch.

Snickerdoodles

3 cups flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup of butter, softened
1-1/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar

In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cream of tartar and the baking soda; set aside. In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar at medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition, then beat in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture in three additions so flour stays in bowl. In small bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar.

Roll dough in 1 inch balls. Roll balls in sugar/cinnamon mixture and place on ungreased cookie sheets 1 inch apart. I put a dozen on each sheet so they had room to spread and didn't touch each other. Bake for 12 minutes, rotating shelves halfway through, until the cookies are golden. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet 1 minute then remove to cooling racks.

I got about 4 dozen cookies.


Off to work now-everyone have a good day!

8 comments:

Bob said...

Snickerdoodles are one of my all time favorites. I like them half cooked though. :D

Shelby said...

Your snickerdoodles look great! Its cold enough here for me to store cookie dough on my back porch too! Its like all of a sudden - we have winter!

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

it's just so much fun to say the name of these...

snickerdoodles

see, even fun to read it

Debbie said...

I have never made snickerdoodles yet they are one of my favorites! Yours look great.

Wandering Coyote said...

I love snickerdoodles!

Lea Ann said...

I'm gonna have to make me some snickerdoodles!! yum

Monica H said...

I like the red sugar- pretty!

sanjeet said...

so much fun to say the name of these...

Work from home India