Tuesday, November 24, 2009

If there is booze in it, it must be good




I love pecan pie. I don't like many desserts (thank goodness or I'd have even more of a weight problem) but I love pecan pie. After a couple of pumpkin recipes I thought I deserved to make a treat for work that I liked. I took bits and pieces of different recipes and tried this. The pictures suck as I had to sneak my small digital camera into work and snap the photos on the table. They don't do it justice.
Pecan Bourbon Pie
1 pie crust, either homemade or store bought
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
3 TBSP brown sugar
1 cup corn syrup
3 eggs
2 TBSP bourbon
1 cup pecans, slightly broken
Place pie crust in pie plate. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Beat all ingredients except pecans in a bowl by hand. Stir in pecans. Pour into crust and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until set. My pecans got a little brown so I should have covered the pie with some foil for the first 10 to 15 minutes, but it was still pretty darn tasty!

I want to wish each and every one of you a wonderful Thanksgiving. May it be filled with love, food, laughter and those you love.

Our nephew deploys tomorrow to Kuwait. We are thankful we have such a brave and selfless man. God Speed Riley. Keep your head down, your eyes open and thoughts of your wife waiting back here for you. We love you!

7 comments:

Brad said...

Love your blogs, I signed up thru RSS for the food blogs. thanks for sharing such wonderful recipes and comfort food. I'm looking forward to reading more to come. Have a great holiday.

buffalodick said...

Sounds like a great Southern recipe for pie! Happy T-day to you and yours!

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

It breaks my heart to see our boys going over seas. I have a list of family, friends, friends of family and friends of friends that are over there now. I read that list once a week, and remind myself of what i know about them (loving husband and cared for nephew). Absolutely I will add your nephew to my list.

And bourbon is my favorite drink to cook with (sometimes i add it to food as well)

tamilyn said...

Thanks Dave. Thankfully everyone that I know who has gone over seas has come home, but see heartbreaking news about some that do not. I appreciate all prayers and thoughts.

LOL, about the bourbon-I say the same about wine! Cheers!

Shelby said...

I love your title and I TOTALLY agree! ;-) Happy Thanksgiving!

Monica H said...

My husband would totally love the addition of bourbon in this pie. I think I'd appreciate it after an afternoon with the in-laws!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Bob said...

Ha! Great title. Pecan pie is a good time, haven't had it in years though.

Good luck to your nephew.