Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bringing spring to me



It is almost the middle of March and it was below zero for lows the past two nights. I soooo want to be outside, plotting where the new garden is going, watching all the flowers and trees start to bud, bringing out the deck furniture.


I bought myself flowers because they looked like spring. I'm not a big rose fan-if the Dude is going to bring me cut flowers, I would much rather have tulips, daffodils or lilys. These just said 'take me home' so I did!



The Dude made me some breakfast





and then we started cleaning out the rest of the laundry room so we can finish painting and putting some cabinets in there so all the mess can be contained behind doors. I'm tired of junk everywhere. He about died when I started pulling things of shelves and throwing them in the trash. I save everything. The older I get, the less stuff I want around-who'da thunk it? Since we have Hermit Crab's grad party in almost exactly 3 months, we thought we should get all those small things done. I'm not redoing the house-I know several people who actually remodeled their homes before grad parties. I'm painting the bathroom, mainly because it has to be done. It has been 8 years and it needs to be done. I'll clean the carpets and pick up the hairballs off the floor, but that is about it. I'm not out to impress anyone-if you don't feel comfortable with my 15 year old furniture and my crabgrassed lawn, I can show you a newly remodeled number down the road. But they don't have as much fun as we do, so I'd stay here and grab some chow, a beer, a chair by the fire and talk to fun people.



My food posts will be moved out a few days since we are busy with sanding, painting and installing. He just doesn't get that I may have more important things to do, like hang out here. Jeez.


Everyone have a great weekend. I have Heather's blueberry lemon bars on tap as I found some decent looking berries finally.



Oh, and the one I forgot at school yesterday? Went and got a date to prom. Time to contact friends with older daughters and see if we can borrow a dress. She agreed to go if he realizes it is only 'just friends'. I still think they look at me and see ATM on my forehead :)

11 comments:

vanillasugarblog said...

you need to enlarge that one photo of the roses...a photo like that must be viewed at a large frame.
gorgeous

tamilyn said...

I haven't figured out how to do that. When I upload, it gives me small, med and large and I usually pick large. If I could figure out how to make my columns wider, it would be great. Not uber techno-talented :(

Heather said...

oh! those roses are so pretty! your home makeover plans sound nice!!

Anonymous said...

Hey I wa just outside and all the trees and flowers are blooming and the small of the flowers on the trees made be gag. Spring is not all it's cracked up to be.

Daziano said...

I need spring to come! Now! Those roses are incredible!

Bob said...

Heh, personally I prefer a lived in house. If a house is too tidy and new I get all... twitchy. Lovely roses, I need to buy my girlfriend some. She loves them.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Gorgeous roses and they do say "Spring"! Good luck with your sanding and painting this weekend. I'm trying to get my husband started on painting too.

Donna-FFW said...

Absolutely beautiful flowers and how nice of hubby to cook you breakfast!!

Monica H said...

Orange roses are my absolute favorite rose. So so pretty!

I have a question for you though...what color are you paonting your laundry room? I'm all set to paint mine and I put up a couple samples on the wall, but I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

Shelby said...

Beautiful roses!!! My, I would be shocked if Grumpy ever cooked me a meal. He'd be more apt to buy me one. lol

tamilyn said...

Monica-the color is called 'Flamenco' and to me it reminds me of a red raspberry. It is based on a rug that I bought for the laundry room before I even thought about paint. It is dark, but looks good with the with appliances and the glossy white we are painting the cabinets.