Monday, January 19, 2009

I thought I saw it in one of the cookbooks.....


Show of hands-how many of you own over 100 cookbooks? C'mon, I know you do! This is one of my shelves with cookbooks in my kitchen. They won't all fit on these two shelves (I knew I should have had more installed!), so some are in a bookcase in the living room. My husband just laughs when I ask for new cookbooks. 'When are you going to make something from the ones you already have?' Okay, another show of hands-how many of you read cookbooks like a novel? I do. I take them to bed with me at night (well, morning in my case) and read. Even those I have read time and time again, I always find something new. A new twist, a new prep method, a new something. Oh, and the Dude always buys me the cookbook. I think he is looking at the payoff if he gets it! Coming this week, and probably one post later tonight, I will be doing some family favorites like Cluck-n Spud casserole, Does Jello make you Mello, Feels like summer salad and Pork chops. Yah, no cool name for that dish. I'll work on that. Many people are doing light cooking with the new year, new habits, etc. I fail miserably when I make my resolution to lose weight. Instead I am taking a new approach-I'll just stay plump! Ha ha. Okay, so actually what works best for me is just moving more, watching my portions and moderation. My cholesterol is very good, my blood pressure is good, no thyroid problems, nothing showed up in my blood work, so the doctor says that there is no reason to go crazy with some diet. Just move more and don't eat every meal super sized and deep fried. Of course, she doesn't know my love affair with mashed potatoes, so we'll just keep that to ourselves. So, let me know-how many cookbooks are in your collection. My collection is about 125.

2 comments:

Lawsy Mercy said...

Why do you have to live so far away? You sound like my twin!!!! I have a cookbook collection that is out of control! And I am not stopping! LOL

Missy said...

Ok you caught me I love to read cookbooks,LOL. My kids like to read them too.