Thursday, December 18, 2008

My first blog

Well, welcome to the real world. Full of bloggers and on-line friends. A country mouse like me blogging on the big 'ol web? Scary. Why, oh why, would I choose to do this? The best answer would be that due to an utterly scary upheaval in my life, I find myself at a crossroad. Given the boot (downsized) by a company that I had worked at for 8 years, I was lost and searching. Full of fear and anger, I didn't know what to do next. So I decide to do a 180 and leave the white collar workforce behind and work at a factory. What??? A factory? Didn't your father toil at a factory (albeit a good factory job) for 35 years with hopes that his child would fare better than he? Yes, but it was a good fit for me. I have found that the older I have turned, the less butt I was willing to, well, you fill in the blank. I know this isn't the answer for everyone-you don't even want to know what my family has thought and said-but is working for us. I love that I go in, put in my 12 hours and can see the fruits of labor at the end of my shift. I know that I have done a good job and have benefited the public in some small way, and that makes me feel good. So back to why I would do this? It is so very much out of my comfort zone but that is the only way we grow as people. Pushing the envelope, thinking outside the box, all of those million of stupid sayings coming true for me. Through this blog, I hope to learn about myself, learn new lessons to make me a better person, and honestly, just rant and rave to someone who will listen and not make excuses for why for the fifth day in a row the dishwasher didn't get loaded or that they forget to tell me the lunch account has been overdrawn for the past week and the poor woman in charge of lunch accounts had to leave me an embarrassed message that I need to bring it current. Yep, totally selfish, but hopefully also helping me grow. Being a grown up-did your parents ever tell you it was this hard?

No comments: